Experience GM World
Our newly redesigned GM World space showcases our latest vehicles and provides a year-round auto show experience for visitors. Visitors can get up close and personal with the vehicles and have their questions answered by product specialists. Throughout the year, GM World will feature a rotating curated display with our current theme being General Motors’ motorsports heritage. This highlights dozens of modern and vintage racing vehicles and pace cars from across the motorsports spectrum. Visitors can also take a tour of the GMRENCEN to gain even more insight into our history and updated space.
The motorsports heritage display features a rich history of racing vehicles. The strong contingent of Chevrolet race cars and murals acknowledges a century of winning racing history, from IndyCar — where brand namesake Louis Chevrolet forged his reputation more than a century ago — to NASCAR, IMSA, NHRA and more.
- The featured vehicles in the new motorsports display are:
- 1967 Camaro Indy 500 pace car that was driven by Mauri Rose.
- 2015 Corvette Indy 500 pace car that was driven by Jeff Gordon.
- 2016 Camaro SS Indy 500 pace car that was driven by Roger Penske.
- 2018 Silverado NASCAR support truck.
- Silverado NASCAR Camping World Truck Series pace truck.
- 2012 #90 Corvette Daytona Prototype.
- 2018 #48 Camaro ZL1 Hendrick Motorsports Jimmie Johnson NASCAR race car.
- 2018 Camaro ZL1 pace car.
- 2017 Chevrolet IndyCar.
- 2018 Camaro GT4.R “Blackdog Speed Shop” World Challange GTS race car.
- 2001 Corvette C5-R American Le Mans Series race car.
- 2015 Cadillac ATS-V.R IMSA GT-3 race car.
- 1987 #5 Rick Mears Chevrolet-powered Penske PC17 IndyCar race car.
Additional vehicles will be added this summer, and the display also features racing engines from various series.
The 5,000 square feet of digital screens in GM World equal the size of two full-size tennis courts and weigh more than 40,000 pounds – roughly the size of a Greyhound bus.
GM World Information Desk
Have any questions about the building? Visit the GM World Information Desk to speak with Customer Service Representatives for general building information including building tours, hours and directions.
GM World Product Specialists
GM World product specialists are your go-to GM car experts. Product specialists can speak extensively about the history of each vehicle, current vehicles and what GM is working on for future innovation.
GM World 3D Tour