Updated – October 29, 2020
The GMRENCEN is dedicated to the safety of our visitors and tenants. As we all continue to do our part to help contain the spread of COVID-19, the following procedures and precautions are now in place at the GMRENCEN.
Prior to entering the building, everyone will be subject to a screening and a temperature check. You are required to wear a mask and practice social distancing while at the property.
To save time during the screening process, please visit this website on your mobile device to answer a series of questions. Once you’ve answered the questions and passed the screening, you will enter the appropriate line marked with signage and show your results to Security.
If you test positive for COVID-19 or have COVID-19 like symptoms after visiting the GMRENCEN, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report this and we can institute our plan in alignment with CDC guidelines.
Safety is a top priority for General Motors, and we will continue to evaluate our procedures and adjust as the traffic and environment at the GMRENCEN changes. Please read through the following information that outlines the new procedures at the GMRENCEN. If you have any further questions, please contact us.
Building Entry & Arrival
- Where should I park?
- When visiting the CAFE restaurants or a retailer, please park in the Beaubien Place Parking Garage along Atwater and St. Antoine. Please visit our parking page for rates.
- When dining at Joe Muer Seafood, Andiamo Detroit Riverfront or Highlands, please park in Center Garage on Renaissance Drive West for a restaurant validation.
- How do I enter the building?
- You can enter the building through Tower 300 Level 1, Tower 400 Level 1 or the Level 2 Jefferson entrance between Millender Center bridge and the Detroit People Mover station.
- Prior to entering the building, you will go through a screening and have your temperature checked.
- The Beaubien entrance is open 24 hours, seven days a week and the Level 2 entrance is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Tower 400 Level 1 entrance is open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Fridays, 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturdays and 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Sundays.
- Do I have to wear a mask inside the GMRENCEN?
- Yes, you are required to wear a face covering over your nose and mouth, such as a homemade mask, scarf, bandana, or handkerchief, pursuant to the current applicable Michigan Executive Order.
- Will I have to be screened to be permitted into the GMRENCEN?
- Yes, everyone will be subject to a screening prior to entering the building. To save time during the screening process, please visit this website on your mobile device to answer a series of questions. Once you’ve answered the questions and passed the screening, you will enter the appropriate line marked with signage and show your results to Security.
- Is social distancing in place at the GMRENCEN?
- Yes, for your health, please maintain social distancing of 6 feet while in the building. Also, you are required to wear a mask when using elevators or walking in any common area of the building. Signage has been placed throughout the building.
- What is the elevator and escalator protocol?
- You must maintain 6 feet distance when standing in line waiting for an elevator and follow posted capacity limits. To maintain physical distancing on the escalators, please stay at least four steps apart.
- Are there additional cleaning measures taking place throughout the building?
- The cleaning frequency in the common areas and restrooms has increased using EPA-approved disinfectant applied to all touchpoints and additional hand sanitizer stations have been added to the common areas. Drinking fountains are out of service and there is no seating in the CAFE, GM Wintergarden and GM World until further notice. Signage and floor graphics have been added to maintain social distancing. Valet operations are suspended at this time.
Retailers, Restaurants and Common Areas
- How do I find out information about retail stores?
- Prior to visiting the building, please contact our retailers directly for information on opening and their hours of operation.
- How do I find out information about restaurants?
- Prior to visiting the building, please contact our restaurants directly for information on opening and their hours of operation.
- Is GM World open?
- GM World is currently closed until further notice.
- What are the current Detroit People Mover hours?
- Please contact the Detroit People Mover for the latest information and hours of operation.
- I’m staying at the Marriott hotel. What is the protocol to enter the hotel?
- Please contact the Marriott for more information.